“The Last Taxidermist in Paris” was an article from the January 1985 issue of World of Interiors magazine about Deyrolle, the historic taxidermy shop and natural history emporium. Founded in 1831 by well-known entomologist Jean-Baptiste Deyrolle (and later run by his grandson Émile Deyrolle) the shop was home to a historic collection of taxidermy mounts, beetles, butterflies, etc. until a short circuit in the wee hours of the morning caused the building to burn down in February 2007. Fortunately, the store has been largely renovated and rebuilt since then, although with a much smaller collection. More photos from the 1985 article can be found here.